Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Training Day #4

Cross-training!

This week my cross training activity was dance :-)
Fitting right?! I mean its my favorite thing to do in the world, and it gives me a way to cross train at the same time! Throughout the training process my cross train days will be changing as we go. It's going to either be dance, hot yoga, walking, running, hiking....the list goes on. Nothing TOO crazy as I don't want to injure myself during the process but its good to have an outlet  throughout the training process.

So I'm training at Westlake Dance Center. Two classes on Thursday evenings. A beginning hip hop class that allows me to really just let loose and have fun. I don't worry about the steps. It's all about going, having fun and performing the crap out of the routine. And its AMAZING! Being separated from dance for so long has been such a drain on my life. Not doing the ONE thing that ALWAYS makes me happy. The ONE thing that I'm truly passionate about. That I need in my life. Its my passion, my hope, my love, my everything. Dance is who I am. It is what defines me as a person.

The second class is a hip hop III class. The teacher is phenomenal and really inspires me to try my best. I was worried that after being so far removed from dance classses that my pick up would suck. But luckily it wasn't bad at all. It was like riding a bike....you fall off but you get straight back on. And the great thing about the class is that the students in it are very inviting. A lot of times I feel like a class is a very tight nit group who doesn't let in outsiders, but this class is completely the opposite. I didn't feel like the outsider at all, and felt at home right away.

I can't wait to continue this voyage and my dance classes at Westlake. Getting back to me and what I love. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment