Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Becoming a St. Jude Hero!

So throughout the last week I've begun my training for my first half marathon. And it struck me that if I was going to venture out on this journey, someone other than myself should benefit from it. After going through this thought process I realized I already had an amazing outlet to funnel this through. St Jude Children's Research Hospital. :-)

As most of you know over the last year I've devoted majority of my efforts in supporting St. Jude. Inspired by amazing roommate Katie, and the story of what St. Jude does for the children who are treated there I knew that this was an organization that deserved our time and efforts.

The program that St. Jude offers for individuals to help raise funds is the St. Jude Heroes Program. So I've signed up to become a Hero! My fundraising page is up and running and waiting for YOUR support! My goal is to raise $1,500 before the race on December 4, 2011.

All I need is for everyone to pitch in a little. To raise $1,500 I'd need 150 $10 donations, or 75 people to donate $20 a piece. If you think of what we spend on Starbucks every year I think we can all sacrifice a handful of lattes, americanos, etc.

Please visit my fundraising page at www.mystjudeheroes.org/amybodnar and help me in reaching this lofty goal.

Thank you in advance for all your love and support!
xoxo
Ames

No comments:

Post a Comment