Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Training Day #2

Tuesday's on the training schedule are 'Stretch & Strengthen' day....so what better way to stretch and strengthen my body than yoga right?!? Well how bout HOT yoga? That's right. I decided that my Tuesday activity is going to be Bikram Yoga. And I got myself a partner! My friend Kelly and I have now ventured into the world of Bikram, and oh my holy hot yoga!! I knew it was going to be intense but this was one of the roughest 90 minute workouts that I've ever done!

90 minutes in a room that is 105 degrees with 40% humidity! And not only that we had to get there 20 minutes in advance to ensure a good spot in the room! So 110 minutes in this room. I walked out at the end and looked as if I'd jumped in a pool with my clothes on. Yes, very sweaty I'd say. So going in I was determined that I would make it the whole class, and when we talked to the teacher before class she told us that at the very least to stay inside the room. Even if you can't do all of the exercises just stay in the room.

And i DID it! :)

Huge accomplishment for myself. I had to take a couple small breaks but I was able to complete majority of the class! And I've really never done yoga at ALL. I mean I had a couple of friends do little classes at home, but that was only once or twice and hasn't been in years. SO I really had no idea what to expect. At about 30 minutes in I thought I might very well have to leave the room. I was dizzy and thought there was NO way I could make it for another hour. But I pushed through!

I would absolutely tell other people to try it! Just make sure you hydrate A LOT the day you're doing it! And don't eat within 2 hours before going! :-)

Its worth trying just once! And I will for sure be back next week!

Day 2 - Kicked ASS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment