Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Training Week #10

Training week 10!!! Holy cow we're almost to the half way point! Can't believe that we're already to this point though. I mean it does NOT seem like I've been training that long. And while it doesn't it does at the same time...but then I can't believe that I STILL have another 11 weeks after this...and yet again I DO believe it. Am I making ANY sense to ANYONE?! Hopefully because I'm pretty sure I don't understand what I just wrote.

Moving on. Week 10 was actually a pretty standard week. So this week I had two 3.6 mile runs, a hot yoga night and then a 5 mile run on Sunday. TWO rest nights this week but only because one of the days I was just BEAT after work and couldn't muster it up to go do anything. Ehh oh well. I've typically been doing 4 runs a week, a cross train and then one rest day. And really my rest days are a walking evening. Because I still like to have movement in my legs. Nothing crazy. Not a high paced walk or anything. Just something to keep the blood flowing and keep me feeling active. I've now started feeling like a loadtoad if I am not out at least walking or something. Gotta feel productive at the end of my day! So I don't feel bad that for one week I took an extra rest day.

The one cross training I DID do this week was hot yoga....and oh let me tell you I LOVED IT. I don't think I've said enough how MUCH I LOVE hot yoga. Well just know that I do. It just works you to the core and cleanses you mind body and soul. I sound hippyish but oh well...I live in Seattle right?! Where all the hippies are.....

This was also coupled with A LOT of walking around on Saturday and Sunday as my friend Rosie came to visit from SD! We went around and saw the sights. Walked Pike Place and just thoroughly enjoyed a relaxed touristy weekend...complete with rain in TRUE Seattle tradition :)

My average pace for the week ranged from 9min/mile to 9:20/mile so things seem to be going pretty well on the pacing side. Not TRYING to go fast at all, just going with what my body tells me. 

And for all you stat keepers out there here's the facts for the week!

WEEK 10 STATS (Sept 12 - Sept 18)

Total Miles Run - 12.2
Total Miles Planned- 12

Total Miles Walked - 3
Hot Yoga Classes - 1

Long Run - 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment