Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The End of the "Weekend" or whatever its called

So it's Sunday evening and its the end of my supposed "weekend"....I like how weekend seems to be a relative term these days. Because there really seems to be no such thing. I work pretty much seven days a week...and that is usually consisting of both jobs. I just returned home from a 9 hour day of work and get to get up and start the new week with no real chance to rest. It sucks

But on the plus side, I reconnected with a couple weekend this weekend that I haven't spoken to in forever. I got to talk with my high school dance coach who basically served as a second mother to me during my high school days. She always looked out for me and offered me support in ways no other person could. She understands my passion for dance and has always pushed me to be the best I could. She pushes me to challenge myself and to follow my dreams without hesitation. She was the one person I could always turn to and know that when I discussed my ideas of what I wanted to do with my life, that she'd be understanding and supportive. Because she had been there.

I also got in touch with a couple of old friends whom I have not spoken in way too long. And it was nice to have the connection back. To know that there are people out there who understand me, who have seen me grow and understand the person that I am today because of things I've gone through in my past.

The past few months I've started to feel unbelievably alone in the world. Like my friends are disappearing. Not because of fights or disagreements, but just because everyone is involved in their own lives. My group of girlfriends who I have always counted on to be my support team seem to have disappeared. Everyone is wrapped up in relationships, the working world and just life in general. We've gotten so wrapped up in everything else that we forgot to be there for each other. But at least some of us are trying to rectify the situation. Trying to put forth the effort to stay and touch and keep that friendship strong. These are the girls who I have countless memories with and it makes me so sad to think that it might slip away. But again, its about making an effort to keep friendships. Like everything else in life, you can't assume it will always be there. You have to fight for things, work for them.

So thats my resolution....i know its not the new year, but it might as well be. My goal is to keep in touch with the people that matter most to me. I've taken them for granted for far too long and its time to show my friends that I'm as invested in our friendships as they are.

Alright - its time to sit back and relax a little. Enjoy the last few hours of this "weekend".

No comments:

Post a Comment