Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thankful for Small Favors

Today had to be one of the best days I've had in a VERY long time. Well besides the work part that is.

My morning started by waking up to find a missed call and voicemail from Joe. (he's a marine and is currently deployed in Afghanistan). Until Saturday I hadn't had any kind of correspondence with him in over a month. That was when I got a message from him. Then this morning not only did I get the voicemail, I got another phone call :-)

Talking to him was by far the highlight of my day, and will keep me smiling for a LONG time. We talked for almost an hour and I had forgotten how great a simple phone call could be. And not only did I get the chance to talk to him, but I found out that when he gets back he'll be making his way back to San Diego :-) Best news I've heard in ages.

So needless to say, tonight....I'm a happy girl. No matter all the drama shit going on with work, family and friends.... I'm happy. And Joe....if you're reading this....call me again crazy man! I can't wait to talk to you! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment