Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Danielle's Visit to the Emerald City

One of my very BEST friends from back home (and by home I mean Vegas) came to visit the little place we like to call the Emerald City a couple weekends ago. It was a last minute trip decision, but I have to say it was one of the best weekends I've had in a VERY long time!

It was amazing to be able to have someone who has been in my life for so long come up and see what my life is like now. To see my new city and see all of the changes that are going on. Most of all, I love the fact that I can have one of my best friends come up, someone I haven't seen in over a year, come up and have it be as if NO time has passed. We are able to pick up and be the friends that we've been all along. And I am truly blessed to have someone in my life like that.

Our weekend was jam packed full of sightseeing and good times. We did the usual spots - Pike Place Market, the Waterfront, Alki Beach, Green Lake, Seattle Center and Space Needle etc. But we got to do a lot of things that not all of my usual visitors get to do. We were able to catch a free concert down on the waterfront (along with some TASTY bloody marys!), kayaked Green Lake, hiked Rattlesnake Ledge, wine tasting in Woodinville, and just relax and enjoy some BEAUTIFUL Seattle summer weather.

Danielle told me on more than one occasion that I'm crazy. (in a good way I think) Mostly because of how much we ran around while she was there. Pretty sure she told me I probably get more done in a day than she does in a week or month because I walk so damn fast. What can I say?! I like being on the go now! :)

Anyway - I have to thank Danielle for coming up and making it such an amazing weekend. It honestly was EXACTLY what I needed. An amazing friend to take my mind off the many things that have been running rampant around me. To allow me to just be me and enjoy myself, my friend and my beautiful city.

Love you lady!

Added some pictures below of my favorite moments :)
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment