Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Night of Reflection

I'm sitting in my apartment enjoying one of the last nights of freedom that I will have over the next several months, and contemplating so many things. What I still want to accomplish, where I want to go, who I want to be, and I have to say that I'm starting to see glimpses of it. I've spent the last year of my life thinking of how very lost I've become. I've stood back and observed my life and saw that I had no idea of what I was doing.

I blamed it on everything else but myself. And I've realized that by doing that I have been the person I do not want to be. I do not want to be someone who cannot admit to their own faults and shortcomings. We are all human and there will be many within our lifetime. It is the people who face these faults head on and admit that they are their own faults and not anyone elses that I strive to be like.

So going into this new year, I take reflection of the faults I have, of the decisions I've made (I won't say regrets, as I don't truly regret any of my choices because they have led me here), and strive to take efforts to set myself in the direction I want to go. The direction that I have known was right for me for as long as I can remember. To truly be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment